This activity equates to 7 hours CPD.
This 1-Day attendance CPD, written and presented specifically for the Veterinary Receptionist, Will allow you to examine your current skills and help you to provide an informed, professional and confident service to your clients. Improving both your clinical knowledge and customer service.
Would you like to enhance your Telephone and Face-to-Face Triage skills and learn how to better support the emergency client?
This popular Veterinary Receptionist Accredited CPD will give you enhanced skills to better support Pet Owners, the Clinical Team and Yourself during which can be a stressful time for all concerned.
Veterinary Receptionists are such an integral part of the practice team, and as front of house staff, and the interface between Veterinary Surgeons, Practice Nurses and the Client, we at Innovet-CPD, fully support and honour the importance of your role. Come join us for a fun, practical and informative day in a relaxed learning environment (No Role Play).
Times: 09.30am – 5pm
Inclusions: · Food for Thought- All day Refreshments
· All day Tea, Starbucks Coffee and Soft Drinks/Water
· Fully Comprehensive Course Workbook and Materials
· Accredited CPD Certificate upon Completion
· Engaging Theory and Practical Sessions
Speaker: Tamzyn Lundy Bsc (Hons) RVN PGCE TAQA
Unit 1: Triage and the Veterinary Receptionist
- RCVS Guidelines on administering
and advising Companion Animal First Aid.
- The important role of the Receptionist in effective Triage.
- The Art of Telephone Triage
- Effective communication for crucial information.
Unit 2: Emergency! How to keep waiting clients happy
- First Impressions Count
- Effective management of the anxious client
- Keeping the emergency client informed
Unit 3: Emergencies
- The Biology of Common
- Normal/Abnormal Vital Signs
- Haemorrhage Control and Bandaging Techniques
- Shock Management.
Unit 4: Circulation and Terminology
- Heart, Circulation and
- CPR (Recover Guidelines 2012)
- Veterinary Terminology